With the FaserPlus process, we can produce mineral fertilisers and valuable substances from fermentation residues. The recovery of plant nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus from digestate from agricultural biogas plants and waste fermentation plants or sewage treatment plants is important for closing material cycles and reducing negative environmental impacts such as nitrate contamination in groundwater. Digestate processing with the FaserPlus process reduces emissions and generates valuable materials.
Modified stripping process in which the ammonium nitrogen is removed from digestate with CHP waste heat without any use of alkalis, acids, other chemicals or external stripping media. Binding of nitrogen preferably with low-cost FGD gypsum producing ammonium sulphate solution and calcium carbonate as approved mineral fertilisers.
- Resilient and low maintenance
- Low operating costs
- Low energy demand
- Large-scale practice since 2008
- Hygienist effect and digestion effect
- Avoidance of ammonia inhibition in the fermenter
- An optimal preliminary stage for total treatment to pure water
- Lime fertiliser
- Ammonium fertiliser
- Phosphorus-rich organic fertiliser
- Purified organic fibres