Analysis, fermentation tests, pilot plant trials We examine your natural and residual materials and test all treatment steps in the laboratory and pilot plant.
We at GNS offer you comprehensive laboratory services for all aspects of biomass utilisation and waste recycling. Our laboratory specialises in tests for biogas plants and of fermentation residues as well as analyses in the field of wastewater, residues and fuels. Among other things, fermentation tests and residue analysis are part of our regular testing tasks on behalf of our customers.
Research and development laboratory – our comprehensive laboratory services
In our laboratory and pilot plant, we carry out analyses and test set-ups individually according to your needs, such as
- Mechanical and physical-chemical material separation
- Recovery of valuable materials
- Treatment of waste materials and industrial wastewater
- Immobilisation of pollutants
- Biochemical and thermochemical treatment processes
- Analysis of deposits, e.g. in pipes
- Proof of compostability
Through process simulations in the laboratory and pilot plant, we can test process engineering solutions and thus obtain important data for the design of technical plants. With our versatile laboratory equipment and extensive practical experience, we achieve a high degree of flexibility in meeting your requirements.
Our services for biogas plants
We offer analyses and investigations to control the process biology, biogas substrates and digestate as well as digestate treatment. For this purpose, we have discontinuous and continuous test facilities with reaction volumes between 0.25 and 10 litres.
- Substrate characterisation and evaluation
- Batch fermentation tests and continuous fermentation tests according to VDI 4630
- Investigations to remove inhibitions in the fermenter caused by ammonia or hydrogen sulphide
- Investigations to improve the digestion of substrates
- Studies on the recovery of nitrogen and phosphorus from digested sludge and digestate by stripping, flocculation and precipitation combined with mechanical separation operations
Would you like to use the services of our laboratory or do you have questions about the possibilities of an analysis? Then our experienced team will be happy to assist you personally. We will provide you with expert advice.