Assessment & expert reports Testing and assessment of biomass conversion and recycling management processes.
At GNS, we are your partner when it comes to processing engineering assessments, testing and expert opinions – especially for new processes for biomass conversion, residue and waste utilisation and recyclables recovery. We prepare independent expert reports and technical due diligence for investment projects. Besides, we carry out ecological, environmental and economic assessments of processes, products, residues, waste and emissions.
Testing and evaluation of processes
- Thermochemical processes such as pyrolysis, gasification, direct liquefaction and hydrothermal carbonisation (HTC)
- Biochemical processes such as fermentation of biomasses and wastes
- Physico-chemical, chemical and mechanical processes such as treatment of fermentation residues, wastewater and ash
- Investigation of process combinations for recovering valuable materials and closing material and energy cycles
Evaluation of input materials, products and waste
- Potential assessment of biomass, residues and wastes
- Suitability assessment of biomass, residues and wastes
- Assessment of emissions and pollutants as well as recyclable and hazardous wastes
Assessment and supervision of practical plants
- Material and energetic balancing
- Assessment according to the state of knowledge and technology
- Accompanying analyses and investigations
- Process optimisation and engineering